Calvary Gospel Church is searching for a new lead pastor.
Lead Pastor Search
Location: Blind River, Ontario
Looking for: Lead Pastor
Employment Type: Full Time
Calvary Gospel Church (CGC) is an evangelical Bible believing church affiliated with the Associated Gospel Churches of Canada (AGC). We are located in beautiful Blind River, serving the communities along the north shore of Lake Huron.
Our Sunday services see approximately 40 – 50 people ranging in age from young children to seniors. Worship consists of Sunday morning and evening services, Sunday School, mid-week study and prayer meeting. Our programs include a weekly kid’s club which is an outreach program for kids in the community.
We as a congregation enjoy celebrating special events with potluck dinners, summers BBQs, Easter breakfast and movie nights, all of which are used as outreach opportunities.
Our heart at CGC is with sharing the gospel, not only in our community but with those in the world with great need, so we seek partnerships with similar minded missions. One mission in our back yard is Galilean Bible Camp which our church is actively involved with, along with several other national and international missions.
We are a church that cares for each other!
We are seeking a pastor who, through solid Biblical teaching and a heart for outreach, will lead us in growing, both in spiritual maturity and in numbers. As the pastor of CGC, you will be working with a Board of Directors, a deaconess committee, and many willing volunteers to carry out the vision of our church.
1 Timothy 3: 1 – 7
Meet the AGC compatibility requirements
Be a team player
Be a student of God’s word, bringing an authentic message weekly
See attached job description for additional expectations
Salary and Benefits
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and education and will be discussed with candidates who are selected to move forward in the hiring process.
Please submit your covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Calvary Gospel Church
Blind River, ON P0R 1B0
Attn: Search Committee
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
For more information
Detailed Job Description
Along with the lay overseers of Calvary Gospel Church (when elected), the Lead Pastor shall have overall spiritual oversight of Calvary Gospel Church and shall serve as its primary teacher. This is a full-time, salaried position.
Our future Lead Pastor must:
- Be a genuine Christian who has repented of his sins, put his faith in Jesus, and committed his life to serving him.
- Meet the biblical qualifications for a pastor/elder as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1–7, Titus 1:5–9, and 1 Peter 5:1–4 (the church’s understanding of these qualifications is given in the church’s by-law).
- Be in full agreement with the church’s Statement of Faith and Statement on Morality.
- Have the appropriate education, knowledge, gifting, and experience to fulfill the expected responsibilities of the Lead Pastor. For education, at least a bachelor’s degree in theology or a related field is preferred but not necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
a) Along with the lay elders of Calvary Gospel Church, the Lead Pastor shall have the following responsibilities (a full list of responsibilities is found in the church’s by-law):
- the overall spiritual oversight of the church;
- teaching, promoting, and defending the doctrinal positions of the church;
- overseeing and facilitating the spiritual growth of the members of the church;
- the general oversight of every ministry and program in the church;
- preparing and approving candidates for baptism and church membership;
- properly ordering the worship services of the church;
- taking the lead on issues related to Church Discipline, Excommunication, and Restoration;
- seeking out, training, interviewing, and evaluating candidates for the offices of overseer and deacon;
- pursuing ongoing training in theology, biblical studies, teaching, leadership, and other areas;
- determining the overall vision of the church and its ministries in consultation with the Full Members of the church;
- establishing and maintaining a ministry philosophy for the church;
- serving, presiding at, and properly ordering the administration of the Lord’s Supper;
b) As the Lead Pastor of Calvary Gospel Church, the Lead Pastor shall have the following additional responsibilities (a full list of responsibilities is found in the church’s by-law):
- lead the Board of Overseers in their responsibilities;
- be the primary teacher in the worship services of the church;
- oversee the weekly planning of worship services;
- perform baptisms;
- facilitate the training of current and future overseers of the church;
- perform weddings and funerals in accordance with the policies of the overseers and his personal conscience;
- perform other duties as outlined in his Memorandum of Understanding;